2010年7月20日火曜日

Robinson Crusoe for Children(4)for 20/07/10

Today's introducing sentences

  1. path
    meaning
     cases)〔踏み固められてできた〕小道、細道
      
    context: It was no easy thing to carry all my goods up the steep path to this level plain. I worked hard for many days; but, then, there was nothing else to do, and I must needs keep busy.

    Definition;a track that has been made deliberately or made by many people walking over the same ground:
    ex1.)I walked nervously up the garden path towards the front door.
    ex2.)a well-worn path across the grass
    ex3.)Follow the path along the river to the bridge.
    ex4.)a path leading to the summer house


  2. hatchet
    meaning; 手おの[noun]

    context; So I set to work. I had never handled a tool in my life. But I had a saw, an ax, and several, hatchets; and I soon learned to use them all.


    Definition : [countable]a small axe with a short handle



  3. fearful
    meaning;〔嵐などが〕恐ろしい、ものすごい

    context;I was busy behind my tent when I heard a fearful noise above my head. Before I could look up, a great load of earth and stones came tumbling down.


  4. Definition;[ frightened that something might happen]:a shy and fearful child


  5. cluster(s)
    meaning; 〔果実・花などの〕房、塊[noun]

    context; Here I found several different kinds of fruits. There were grapevines covering the trees, and huge clusters of ripe grapes were hanging from them.


    Definition :a group of things of the same kind that are very close together:
    ex.1)a cluster of low farm buildings
    ex.2) a cluster of red berries
    ex.3) a diamond cluster ring



(Comment)
These words and phrases including "Robinson Crusoe for Children" . It is in Web site.
When I was looking up "Robinson Crusoe for Children" on Longman English Dictionary Online and "英辞郎",It was difficult to choose meaning and just fit choose meaning (case by case)

{ここからは日本語で:予習などについて}
 授業中に、ブログの更新をすることはもちろん、空いている時間(特に授業終了後)などを使って、図書館にあるEnglish Garden の本を読んでみることを中心にしています。(時々、英字新聞に目を通してみることや、ニュースのスクリプトなどにも目を通しています。)


4 件のコメント:

  1. Good! Thanks for explaining about your reading books in the English Garden.

    I noticed that the link you added does not go to the story you were reading. This made it difficult for me to find the passages you were reading.

    You only posted once in May so I think it would be a good idea to post a few more times. What do you think?

    返信削除
  2. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  3. 5月の欠席したときの分を更新しておきました。
    7月20日まで更新分は、リンク先のタイトルを示したものと判断しています。

    返信削除